One of the best things about necklaces is that they are fantastic for layering with other necklaces. This is a very hot trend at the moment; wearing several different lengths and thicknesses of necklace at the same time to create a layered look.
The layered necklace look is very versatile, because you can add as many different necklaces as you like. You can wear it with a simple t-shirt and jeans for a look of casual glamour, or you can wear it with a strapless cocktail dress to really create a dramatic evening look.
If you have necklaces, they work well with the layered look because the initial charm provides a focal point for the eye to rest upon. It will add visual interest to the look.
However, laying your necklaces with initials along with other necklaces can be a tricky style to pull off. Make sure you have it figured out before you leave the house, or you might look like you tripped and fell headfirst into your jewelry box!
Tips for Layering Necklaces with Initials
Here are some tips to keep in mind when you are layering necklaces with initials along with other necklaces:
- Choose necklaces with different textures that will play off each other in an interesting and appealing way.
- Every necklace that you wear should have at least one unifying element that ties it all together. For example, they can all be made of yellow gold, or all have circular shapes to them, or all contain semi-precious stones.
- You can mix gold and silver, as long as they have this stylistic element in common.
- Use varying lengths and thickness of necklaces to create a full and elegant draping ‘bib’ across your neckline.
- Adjust the necklaces so that the look is more dense toward your face and then more sparse as it becomes longer. This will draw the eye toward your face.
- Try using chunkier necklaces as the shorter necklace, which will help it sit properly on your chest and avoid the necklaces getting tangled.
Keep these tips in mind and you will be able to layer your necklaces with initials along with your other necklaces in a chic and stylish way.
Click here to take a look at the beautiful collection of initial necklaces that KC Designs has to offer.